Hey everyone, I know it’s been a while! While it has been quiet on the blog, we have been very busy behind the scenes trying to serve our customers better. I’ve been thinking about doing a video encapsulating our philosophy of doing business, and what makes us stand out. We have the best return customer rate in the business, and I thought we would share some of the reasons why. If you’ve been on the fence about ordering from us, I hope this gives you some indication of how far we will go to serve our customers! If you don’t know the address, here is our online store!
1) Same Day Shipping – In the beginning, there is very little to differentiate one seller from another. One of the ways we have done so from day one is offering same day shipping for all orders that come in until 3pm. And many days if I can manage it, I’ll ship everything that comes in until about 5pm, stopping by the Post Office on the way home to drop off packages which miss the regular pickup. Getting your package in the mail ASAP is very important to us. We work 7 days a week (about a half shift on Saturday and Sunday) to make sure you get your item as soon as humanly possible without using Express Service!
2) USPS Priority Mail Shipping for most orders – Whatever else one might say about USPS, I can attest that Priority Mail is the best reasonably costed standard shipping method available today. UPS Ground can compete for a certain geographical area, but no one else guarantees 2-3 day shipping times (In TN and parts of surrounding states, some folks have told us they got their package the next day!). This includes Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. If you need your order as quick as possible, you can trust us to get it there. Just today, we had several customers on the phone who thanked us on getting their order to them ASAP.
3) We Value Your Privacy – I am a privacy nut myself, and so we go out of our way to protect yours. First, we use discrete packaging, meaning nothing will ever show up on your door with a big ‘Survival Stuff Inside!’ or giant ‘Discount Mylar Bags’ plastered all over the box. We have many folks who specifically request plain packaging, and this is to let everyone know we don’t have ANY outer packaging with our name on it. The only place you will see our name is the return address as required by our shipping carriers.
4) We Value Your Privacy, Part 2 – For all orders placed online, we NEVER see or have access to your credit card information. It is handled in exactly the same manner as it would be at a department or other retail store…invisibly and behind the scenes. Only our credit card processor actually sees your credit card number, so you never have to fear one of our employees gallivanting around Europe using your credit card!
5) We Value Your Privacy, Part 3 – While I’ve thought about doing one, we don’t have a mailing list. We don’t, and will never, sell your email to anyone for any reason. I hate junk mail in my inbox, and many of the survival stores are terrible about sending out a ton. The only way I would send an email to a customer is if they asked me to do a newsletter, and only then if they chose to opt in. This is currently not in the planning stage, so if you’d like to see one, let me know.
6) Free Shipping over $50 and on all kits – In the beginning I tested out ‘Free shipping on everything!’ That wasn’t very funny when I had dozens of folks placing orders for 2 Mylar Bags at $.25 each. Needless to say, we lost our shirts and had to change that policy quickly.=) We know $50 is a lot of money to some folks, and so we also offer free shipping on all our kits (located here). Our goal is not to make money on shipping, and we only have the minimum charge to cover the cost of processing and packaging small orders.
7) When We Screw Up, We Fix It – This is perhaps the defining aspect of how we run our business. While we do our best to get all orders out the door perfect, inevitably we’ll mess one up. However, you have my promise that I’ll fix it, quickly! Your satisfaction with your order is our only concern.
8) No Hassle Returns – Something not quite what you pictured when you bought it? No problem, you are welcome to return anything at any time for a full refund! Again, I only wish I could get the same from many of the places I order!=) We’ve accepted returns from customers who had their product for a year and finally said to themselves ‘I’m never going to do this’. And that’s OK, ship it back to us and we’ll refund it.
If there’s anything we can do serve you that we’re not currently doing, please let me know! We are working on getting some new bag sizes in to fill requests of customers, so I hope you’ll check back!